Fettuccine With Lemon Cream Sauce
Maria Marlowe is a successful writer, author, public speaker, and passionate Real Food Evangelist. She heads up her own integrative nutrition coaching practice in NYC, and offers three distinct programs tailored for healthy weight, beautiful skin, and overall wellness.
We love Maria’s creative recipe ideas because they go the extra mile to transform basic healthy ingredients into signature dishes that are both unique and delicious. Her new book, The Real Food Grocery Guide, is now available to help shoppers make food choices that enable them to look and feel their best.
Has fettuccine always been one of your guilty pleasures? This flavorful Fettuccine With Lemon Cream Sauce recipe lets you take guilt out of the equation once and for all—without sacrificing any of the scrumptious enjoyment.
Instead of conventional pasta, Maria uses gluten-free bean fettuccine for a powerhouse of protein and fiber. The rich, creamy sauce is actually dairy free and vegan, with a refreshing kick from tahini, lemon juice, and cracked pepper. Detoxifying arugula adds a touch of zest, as well as important phytonutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin. Finally, green peas add additional prebiotic fiber and nutrition—and the pairing of peas and pasta is just pure heaven!
• 1 box Explore Cuisine Mung Bean Fettucine
• 4-6 cups baby arugula
• 1-2 cups frozen peas (optional)
Lemon Cream Sauce:
• 6 tablespoons tahini
• 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
• 2 tablespoons water
• ¼ teaspoon pink salt (or more to taste)
• Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
• Zest of 1 lemon (divided in half)
1. Bring pot of water to a boil, and cook pasta according to directions. Put the arugula in a large mixing bowl. If using the peas, add them to the pot about 5 minutes before the pasta is done, to cook together.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together all of the lemon cream sauce ingredients (only use one half of the lemon zest) with a fork, until a smooth, creamy consistency is formed.
3. When pasta is done, drain, add to the bowl with the arugula, top with the cream sauce, and mix well, until everything is coated. Taste, and season with additional pink salt and fresh pepper as needed. To serve, sprinkle the remaining lemon zest over the dish.
*You can easily half this recipe for less servings.
Check out The Hyperbiotics Cookbook for more gut healthy recipes!