Imagine waking on a crisp autumn morning, with a view of colorful red and golden leaves dancing against the backdrop of a cloudless azure sky. Could anything possibly be more perfect? Actually...yes! Add a steamy cup of pumpkin spice coffee to this picture, warming your slightly chilled hands, and filling your entire home with its magical fragrance.
This idyllic scene can become your reality in just minutes—without the expense or questionable ingredients that often come with commercially flavored coffee preparations. This vegan, gut-healthy creamer’s base is rich in prebiotics, healthy fats, and antioxidants. Pumpkin puree adds additional prebiotics, along with vital nutrients, including vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, B vitamins, iron, manganese, and pantothenic acid.
Enjoy this creamer while you transform your morning coffee into a pumpkin-y treat, or get creative and add it to chai tea, oatmeal, smoothies, or even homemade granola. Whichever way you serve it, it’s sure to be a hit that colors all the best memories of this beautiful season.
• 1 ½ cups cashew or full-fat coconut milk
• 2 ¼ tablespoons organic pumpkin puree
• 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• Pinch ginger
• Pinch nutmeg
• Pinch allspice
• Pinch cloves
• Tiny pinch cardamom
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1 scoop prebiotic powder
1. Whisk together cashew or coconut milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and spices in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Drop in cinnamon stick and increase heat to medium-high. Bring mixture to a boil, and continue to boil for one minute, whisking occasionally.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool in pan for five minutes before stirring in prebiotic powder and adding to coffee.
4. Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to a week, but should be shaken well before serving.
For more gut-healthy recipes, check out The Hyperbiotics Cookbook.
When it comes to living naturally, oral hygiene someti...
Going vegan is a compassionate choice that gives back in ...
It only takes up a small amount of space––but when it com...
Posted in Recipes
© 2017 Hyperbiotics.