When you’re longing for something warm and soothing after a busy day, sipping a steaming mug of this comforting golden milk will leave you feeling nurtured and ready to unwind for the evening.
Sunny yellow turmeric is like liquid gold for the body, supporting immunity, cardiovascular health, digestion, memory, and much more! Black pepper enhances the body’s ability to absorb all the antioxidant goodness of the turmeric—while introducing just the right touch of savoriness to temper this sweet, full recipe. And once you’ve factored in all the benefits of honey, ginger, good fats, and prebiotics, you’ve basically got a delicious powerhouse of wellness in your hands.
Golden milk is surprisingly rich and satisfying, so it can help prevent those cravings for unhealthy sugars, fats, and processed carbs that often sneak up when life gets hectic. And if you want to “share the wealth,” it’s fine to double or triple this recipe so your whole family can enjoy it with you!
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• ⅓ cup water
• 1 cup dairy or plant-based milk
• 2 teaspoons almond oil, coconut oil, or organic ghee
• Pinch fresh ground black pepper
• Pinch ginger powder
• 1 scoop organic prebiotic powder
• 1 teaspoon local organic honey
1. In a saucepan over low heat, add water and turmeric powder and stir occasionally until mixture becomes a paste.
2. Add milk, oil or ghee, black pepper, and ginger to the turmeric paste.
3. Simmer for three to five minutes and remove from heat.
4. When golden milk is cool enough to touch, stir in honey and prebiotic powder.
For more gut healthy recipes, check out The Hyperbiotics Cookbook.
Posted in Recipes
© 2018 Hyperbiotics.