There’s nothing like the aroma of sweet potatoes, cinnamon, and fragrant spices fresh from the oven to bring on a cozy sense of bliss. Combine that scent with the delicious fun of muffins and you’ve got pure heaven!
This yummy muffin recipe delivers the perfect flavor blend of sweet potatoes, soothing coconut, and exotic seasonings for a one of a kind taste that appeals to kids and adults alike. And you’ll feel good about eating and sharing these muffins with your family, because they’re also healthy for you!
Sweet potatoes are packed with beta-carotene, B vitamins, pantothenic acid, potassium, and more. They’re also a great source of prebiotic fiber so your microbial community gets the nutrition it needs, too. Eggs provide protein and iron—and the coconut milk delivers calcium, magnesium, healthy fat, and a host of vitamins and minerals. No need to worry about refined sugar either—these muffins get all their satisfying sweetness from the sweet potatoes themselves, and a little pure maple syrup.
This recipe makes 12 muffins, so you’ll have enough for everyone to enjoy! Pop them in the kids’ lunch boxes, take them to work, have one for breakfast, or even serve them for dessert! No matter how and when these muffins appear, they’re sure to bring lots of smiles.
• 1 small organic sweet potato, roasted until tender
• 3 organic humane certified eggs, lightly beaten
• ¾ cup organic canned coconut milk
• 2 tablespoons organic olive oil
• 7 tablespoons pure organic maple syrup
• 1 cup organic brown rice flour
• ¼ cup organic coconut flour
• 1 tablespoon non-GMO baking powder
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• 1 ¼ tablespoons ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• ⅛ teaspoon cardamom
• ⅛ tsp ground cloves
• ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Grease a 12-hole muffin tray with healthy oil (coconut, olive, etc.).
3. Using a spoon, scoop the soft baked sweet potato flesh from the skin. Place flesh in a mixing bowl. (You can discard the skin or eat it as a snack!)
4. Stir in olive oil, coconut milk, and maple syrup, and mix until smooth.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
6. Sprinkle the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, and combine thoroughly.
7. Pour the batter in the muffin tin to fill all 12 holes ⅔ full.
8. Bake on the center rack for 30-35 minutes (until a knife inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean).
9. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes and enjoy!
For more gut-healthy recipes, check out The Hyperbiotics Cookbook.
We all know that one person who seems to be magically mos...
Nothing says “Good Morning!” like a refreshing, delightfu...
If you aren’t already in the know, the benefits of breast...
Posted in Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter for our latest promotions and valuable info & tips to becoming your healthiest you!
© 2017 Hyperbiotics.