What could add more elegance to your dinner table than a delicious layered parfait? But wait a minute, aren’t parfaits, well, difficult to make? Not this one! Even if you can barely boil an egg, you can put together these yummy, healthy yogurt pots without breaking a sweat. All you have to do is set aside a little time earlier in the day (or perhaps the night before) to prepare the homemade jam, and then you’ll be able to create perfect parfaits in a matter of minutes.
Unlike the dessert parfaits you might order in an upscale restaurant—that are often loaded with sugar and empty calories—these yogurt pots are healthy enough to enjoy as a main course.The jam layer is a superfood powerhouse in itself! Chia seeds are loaded with omega-3s, prebiotic fiber, protein, iron, calcium, and antioxidants. Berries are also excellent prebiotics, as well as great sources of important flavonoids (including anthocyanins), vitamins, and minerals to support your brain, heart, muscles, cells—and even your DNA. The yogurt-coconut cream mixture contributes protein, healthy fats, and prebiotics. And heart-healthy nuts and oats add additional beneficial fat, fiber, and protein. Prebiotic powder ensures your friendly gut bugs are feasting as happily as you are, and gut-supporting, antioxidant-rich chocolate provides the finishing touch with a flavor that’s hard to resist.
These quick and easy yogurt pots are incredibly versatile, working equally well as a sumptuous dessert for company, or a fun and fancy family breakfast. Because you can make them in mason jars, these little parfaits are also very portable, making them a great choice for a quick lunch at work you’ll actually look forward to. So put aside any apprehensions you may have had about pulling off parfaits. Once you and your family get a taste of these luscious yogurt pots, layering may become your signature kitchen technique!
• 1 quantity chia-berry jam (see recipe below)
• ⅔ cup organic dark chocolate, shaved (or use cacao nibs)
• ½ cup cashews, crushed
• ¼ cup whole oats
• 2 cups yogurt (dairy or plant based)
• 1 cup coconut cream, chilled
• 1 scoop organic prebiotic powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine yogurt, coconut cream, prebiotic powder, and vanilla.
2. Measure out all other ingredients and have them ready.
3. Dividing ingredients evenly between four small mason jars (or glasses), carefully layer the yogurt mixture, jam, oats, nuts, and chocolate.
4. Transfer parfaits to the fridge and chill before serving.
Chia-Berry Jam Ingredients:
• ½ cup fresh organic strawberries, chopped
• ½ cup frozen organic wild blueberries
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 ½ tablespoons coconut sugar or date sugar
• 2 tablespoons chia seeds
1. In a small saucepan, stir all ingredients except chia seeds together over low heat until berries are soft.
2. Mash gently until only slightly lumpy.
3. Add chia seeds gradually, stirring thoroughly to make sure no clumping occurs.
4. Pour jam into an air-tight container and chill in the fridge for at least two hours until thickened. Any leftovers should be refrigerated and eaten within a week.
For more gut-healthy recipes, check out The Hyperbiotics Cookbook.
This Healthy Living section of the Hyperbiotics website is purely for informational purposes only and any comments, statements, and articles have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to create an association between the Hyperbiotics products and possible claims made by research presented or to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. Please consult with a physician or other healthcare professional regarding any medical or health related diagnosis or treatment options. This website contains general information about diet, health, and nutrition. None of the information is advice or should be construed as making a connection to any purported medical benefits and Hyperbiotics products, and should not be considered or treated as a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Posted in Recipes
© 2021 Hyperbiotics.